Monday, April 11, 2011

This Is Why You Don't Go To The Beach On Acid (last summer)

Standing on a rock with about a 30 foot drop into crystal clear water
Feeling the cold mist spray against my body
I wanted to jump into the water and let myself be engulfed by the cool waters
The water was at least another 20 feet deep
I wanted to jump... I couldn't swim, but I wanted to jump
I acknowledged my inability to swim...
But still I was called by the splashing of the waves on the rock
I felt warm inside...I felt like I was the last human alive
I felt powerful, I felt indestructible, I felt immortal
I felt like a GOD!

Then in a flash it all vanished
The crystal clear water turned to red hot scorching fires
The rock I was standing on became a mountain of rotting corpses
The cool misty spray became smoke and ash and scorched flesh
Even though the world had just become and utter HELL... I still wanted to jump
God knows how long down the fires of the pit went... miles possibly...
If I jumped, I'd surely burn to death and die slowly
Even though it was fire... I still felt the need to jump
Now, the fires of death and despair called me in
I felt cold inside... I felt like I had slaughtered everyone I loved and was standing on their corpses
I felt weak... vulnerable... I felt mortal
I felt DEAD...

No comments:

Post a Comment